Coconut Matcha Latte
This AIP Coconut Matcha Tea Latte is the perfect coffee replacement for anyone following the Autoimmune Protocol or an Autoimmune Diet. Drink it in the morning to replace your morning coffee, or indulge in one as an afternoon pick me up.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat your water over medium low heat. Be sure not to boil it! As I mentioned, matcha is delicate, so we don’t want to shock it with boiling water. Heat coconut milk in a separate pan.
- Add 1 tsp. matcha powder to a small bowl, and pour about 2 tablespoons of the hot water on top. Using a bamboo whisk or the back of a spoon, stir the matcha powder into a paste.
- Combine the hot water and matcha powder in a mug. The matcha should combine pretty easily into the water.
- Use a hand-held frother or a high powdered blender to combine the collagen peptides, coconut milk, vanilla bean, and honey. Pour the mixture into the mug with the hot matcha and water.
- If you’re using a hand-held frother, you can use it on the top of the latte to add more foam to your latte. Be sure to use full fat coconut milk, as it provides your body with a healthy source of MCTs, not to mention, it produces a much creamier latte with more foam!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week