Coconut + Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Healthy breakfast bread featuring fiber rich coconut flour & chia seeds and sweetened naturally with bananas.
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Banana, ripe
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 45 gram 45 gram 45 gram Raisins
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 150 C (300 F).
- Combine bananas, coconut oil, milk and eggs in a blender and mix until smooth (alternative you can do this by hand).
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients - coconut flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, raisins and salt and mix together with a spoon.
- Combine the wet mixture into the dry slowly and combine well with a spoon until smooth.
- Leave for 5 mins to allow the chia seeds and coconut flour to absorb some of the moisture.
- Lightly oil a loaf tin and then line with non stick parchment paper - (the size of my tin was 24cm x 12cm).
- Spoon batter into the loaf tin and decorate with coconut flakes or other nuts (optional)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes - until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. (If over browning you can cover the top with foil).
- Remove the loaf from oven and allow to cool before removing from loaf tin.
- Serve warm topped with ricotta and jam, nut butter, honey or simply on its own.
- Keeps well for up to a week in an air tight container in the fridge. Freezes well.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week