Classic Chicken Salad
We love the Classic Chicken Salad at Whole Foods, but it uses canola oil mayonnaise (womp womp). We wanted to make a version without the use of seed oils, so this is our take on their Classic Chicken Salad, but with better ingredients! We like enjoying this chicken salad with Artisan Tropic Cassava Chips.
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Chicken Breast, cooked and diced
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Celery
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Red Onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Sour Cream , (lactose free, if possible or desired)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chives , minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Boil the chicken breast until cooked through. This time will vary based on how thick the breasts are, so check after about 15-20 minutes. Cook until white and opaque. Allow to cool, then dice into 1/4" cubes.
- Mix in the diced celery, minced red onion. mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired, then stir in along with the chives and parsley.
- Serve with Artisan Tropic Cassava Chips, or in lettuce cups (though we recommend the chips because they are great!)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week