Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
This recipe perfectly balances the crunch of a "pita" chip and the sweetness of a cinnamon sugar glaze to provide a paleo-friendly chip option.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Using a food processor or mixing bowl, add in the flour, egg white, water, salt and vanilla. Mix until a dough begins to form.
- Gather dough into a ball and place it between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Roll the dough out as evenly and thinly as possible (u215b" or thinner) before carefully sliding your parchment paper on to a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar and cinnamon to create your glaze.
- Spread the glaze across your dough using a basting brush, a spoon, or your hands.
- Take a pizza cutter or knife and slice the dough into chips as you desire.
- Bake for 15 minutes until slightly crisp. Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Use a spatula to carefully lift the chips off of the parchment paper, breaking them apart with your hands as you go.
- Serve slightly warm or completely cooled. Store any leftovers in a sealed container.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week