Cinnamon Spiced Almond Paleo Sugar Cookies
- 2.25 cups 2.25 cups 2.25 cups Cassava Flour, see notes for other flour options
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice, optional
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Butter, Salted, softened
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Butter, Organic, softened
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Honey, Granulated
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almonds, Slivered, topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, soften your butters but do not let them melt.
- Combine in mixing bowl with egg and sugar and beat on low until creamy.
- Keep mixer on low and slowly add in your flour, baking soda/powder, extract, and spices.
- Beat or mix until smooth and then add your honey last.
- Mix again.
- Scoop onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 or 9 minutes, then pull out of oven and place almonds on top, when the cookies are more flat.
- Return to oven and cook for 4-5 more minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Total baking time will be 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add cinnamon on top if desired.
* Three slivered almonds to top each cookie. You can sub other flour if need be. It's 1:1 ratio for other grain flours. See amazon or Ottos flour for cassava root flour. Coconut sugar used was by Better body Foods
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week