Cider Braised Chicken
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.5 lb 2.5 lb 2.5 lb skin on Chicken Drumstick
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), or grass-fed butter
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Garlic, chopped
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Hard Apple Cider
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Pat the drumsticks dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the hot skillet and brown the skin. Approximately 2-3 minutes a side and then take the chicken out of the pan and place on a plate.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and add the fresh rosemary, garlic, carrots and oregano.
- Simmer the butter mixture for about 2 minutes and then add the cider.
- Bring the cider to a boil and add the drumsticks back in to the pan.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
I prefer to use an alcoholic apple cider that is dry. Sometimes they are labeled that way or you can look for the one with the least amount of sugar.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week