CHOCOLATE SUNFLOWER SEED BUTTER (SUGAR FREE)
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Sunflower Seeds, raw and unsalted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Granulated Stevia, or your favorite granulated sweetener
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Chop the sunflower seeds in a high speed blender, such as a Vitamix, starting at low and gradually increasing the speed until they reach a course flour consistency, then a gummy ball.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and continue to pulse, increasing the speed to a medium or medium/high until the sunflower seeds become liquid . The mixture should be quite runny.
- Add the 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 3 tablespoons sweetener, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, and pinch of salt and pulse to combine. Throughout this process, you'll need to stop frequently to scrape down the sides of the container (to make sure all ingredients are getting incorporated) and loosen the mixture from the bottom of the container. Don't let it clump around the blade too much, which strains your machine's motor.
- Continue to process until smooth. Taste and add more sweetener, if you prefer.
If you don't have a high speed blender, you can use a food processor instead. Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (or more). Yield: 1 cup. 1 serving: 2 Tablespoons
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week