Chocolate Sunbutter Cups
My self-control is always tested when I’m around Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. The amazing flavor combination of chocolate and peanut butter is one of my all-time favorites. These cups are a whole lot better for you than store-bought candy, as the ingredients are all ‘real food.’ The little sprinkle of salt on top is my favorite part of this recipe—it’s a nice touch to create the perfect salty and sweet balance.
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Sunbutter
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Sugar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin papers.
- In a small saucepan or double boiler over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring. If you are not using a double boiler, be sure to melt the chocolate and oil over low heat, and stir to prevent the chocolate from burning. Once melted, remove from the heat and pour the melted chocolate into the mini muffin papers, filling each cup halfway. (The remaining chocolate will be used for the top layer.) Place the muffin tin in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is cooling, combine the sunflower seed butter, maple sugar, and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly. Remove the muffin tin from the freezer and spoon a small amount of the sunflower seed butter mixture into each cup. Cover with the remaining melted chocolate and place in the freezer for 2–3 minutes to set.
- Sprinkle the top of each cup with coarse sea salt and return the muffin tin to the freezer until the chocolate is completely solid, about 20 minutes. These can be kept frozen until you’re ready to enjoy them.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week