Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Fudge
Pumpkin spice flavor makes this a Paleo-perfect dessert for fall parties or even Thanksgiving.
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, Plus 2 Tablespoons
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almond Butter
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line a small baking dish with wax paper, covering the sides of the inside of the dish so you can easily lift out the finished fudge.
- In a saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 3-5 minutes - avoid scorching.
- Add 2 Tablespoons coconut oil to the saucepan and stir until it melts. Add the chocolate chips. When they begin melting, use a whisk to stir the mixture until it has no lumps.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour into the baking pan, spreading it evenly across the bottom of the pan with the back of a spoon. Freeze until firm - about an hour.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the almond butter, 1/4 cup coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the chocolate layer from the freezer and confirm that's it's firm. Pour the pumpkin mixture on top of the chocolate layer, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon. Arrange the pecans on top of the pumpkin layer, being careful not to press them into the mixture. Place the finished fudge into the freezer until solid, 2-3 hours.
- Lift the fudge out of the pan, remove the wax paper, and cut into small pieces. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Katy's Kitchen and Free People.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week