Chocolate “Peanut Butter” Squares
These bars are just like the ones my mom used to make when I was a kid. I can still picture that big rectangular Tupperware container sitting on the counter, filled to the top with these (with layers of wax paper between). This vivid memory is no coincidence, because I absolutely loved this treat. Thankfully, Hayley’s recreation is just like the real deal.
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cashews, raw
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut, shredded, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sunbutter
- 20 oz 20 oz 20 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pulse the cashews in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the shredded coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and pulse again to combine with the cashews.
- Add the salt and sunflower seed butter to the food processor and pulse again until a ball of dough has formed. Press the dough in an even layer into a 9-x-13-inch baking dish and place in the refrigerator to chill while you melt the chocolate.
- In a double boiler or small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips. Once the chocolate is completely melted, remove the cookie dough from the fridge, pour the melted chocolate over the top, and spread with a spatula to evenly coat the base. Place the dish in the freezer to set.
- Allow the bars to defrost a bit before slicing them into squares. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
To make this recipe nut-free, substitute sunflower seeds for the cashews.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.