Chocolate Orange Chiller
An all natural, thick and creamy, subtly sweet, decadent and rich chocolate shake with a zesty orange kick.
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Milk, or milk or choice - I use unsweetened/homemade vanilla almond milk - http://betterwithcake.com/anytime/homemade-vanilla-almond-milk-vegan-gluten-free-paleo-friendly/
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Orange Zest, or 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of orange extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Banana, (preferably very ripe and pre-frozen)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Protein Powder (Chocolate, PureWOD brand), Optional
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin, Beef, Great Lakes brand, Optional
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Ice Cubes, More or less to reach desired consistency
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flakes, unsweetened, Optional for serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cacao Nibs, Organic, Raw, Optional for Serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place all smoothie ingredients into a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, pour into a chilled glass/mason jar or bowl and top with shredded coconut and cacao nibs if desired.
* This smoothie is not overly sweet, if you prefer a sweet shake then you might want to add a little extra vanilla, a splash of maple syrup or even some stevia to sweeten things up. Have a taste, play around and adjust as needed.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBeverages Dairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free GAPS Nightshade Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.