Chocolate Mousse Tarts
- 12 whole 12 whole 12 whole Dates (Medjool)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Hazelnut, raw
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almonds, raw
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Cinnamon
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Avocado, ripe
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Cream, chilled overnight
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sunbutter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- Spray a muffin pan with coconut oil and line the bottom of the cups with parchment circles to prevent sticking.
- Combine medjool dates, hazelunuts, almonds, and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until mixture is crumbly and starts to stick together.
- Spoon roughly 1/3 cup mixture into muffin tins and press down and along the sides of the cups. The mixture should be sticky enough to easily adhere to the sides of the tin.
- Place the entire muffin pan into the freezer for 25 minutes or until crusts firm up.
- Next, create the chocolate mousse filling. Combine the avocados, cocoa powder, 3 tbsp honey, coconut milk, and 1tsp vanilla in a food processor.
- Blend until creamy. If your mousse is too thick, add more coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove crusts from the freezer. Run a knife around the edges of each crust and pop out of the muffin tin.
- Spoon mousse into crusts.
- Put tarts back in the freezer while you make the whipped coconut cream.
- Remove coconut cream from the refrigerator. By this time the cream should have separated from the water and risen to the top.
- Gently turn can upside down, being careful not to shake it. Open can and drain off water. Spoon remaining cream into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp honey and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat coconut cream mixture until fluffy. Start on low speed and gradually increase to high while moving the beaters up and down to incorporate more air.
- Remove tarts from freezer and top with coconut cream.
- Heat Sunbutter and coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave for 15 seconds. Stir. If Sunbutter and oil do not mix completely, microwave for another 10 seconds.
- Drizzle Sunbutter over tarts.
- Serve tarts slightly chilled.
These tarts can be stored in the refrigerator for a up to a week and in the freezer for two months. Let them thaw completely before serving. Enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week