Chocolate Hazelnut Thumbprint Cookies
A decadent cookie that works for everything from tea time to an after-school snack!
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Hazelnut Flour
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Honey, Raw, or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, lightly beaten
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Rawmio), Recipe here: http://acleanbake.com/healthier-chocolate-hazelnut-spread/
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick pad.
- Whisk together the flours, sweetener, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour the melted coconut oil over the honey and whisk to combine. Add the egg and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Allow to sit about 1 minute (this lets the coconut flour absorb moisture).
- Scoop 1 Tbsp balls of dough and flatten into a disc. Use your thumb or the back of a cookie scoop to gently press a well into the cookie. Fill with homemade chocolate hazelnut spread. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until edges are slightly golden and the cookies give off the aroma of toasted hazelnuts.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week