Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons with Chocolate Fudge Sauce
You will notice that these macaroons are not overly sweet, but rather a great sweet treat. I prefer to make my own chocolate sauce so that I know how much sweetener it contains. Enjoy these little chocolate hazelnut bites!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Coconut Flakes, unsweetened, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Hazelnut Flour
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw, divided (1/4 cup for macaroon, 2 TBSP for sauce)
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Honey, Raw, divided (3 for macaroon, 1 for sauce)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Cacao Butter, chopped (for the sauce)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Hazelnut Extract, (for the sauce)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly mix together all macaroon ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop (1 1/2 tbsp size), scoop and drag the cookie scoop against the side of the bowl to firmly pack macaroon batter.
- Drop macaroons onto baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool macaroons completely.
- While macaroons are cooling, melt together all chocolate fudge sauce ingredients. Stir and remove from heat.
- Use your thumb to make a small indentation in the tops of macaroons. Add a spoonful of chocolate fudge sauce to the macaroons.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Macaroons work best with a very fine shred of coconut. I prefer the brand Let’s Do Organic. If you do not have access to a finely shredded coconut, simply place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mixed. I think the macaroons are best when served chilled. They will also firm up once chilled.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Treats & Cheats
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.