Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons with Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Hazelnut Flour
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder, divided (1/4 cup for macaroon, 2 TBSP for sauce)
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Raw Honey, divided (3 for macaroon, 1 for sauce)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Cacao Butter, chopped (for the sauce)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Hazelnut Extract, (for the sauce)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly mix together all macaroon ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop (1 1/2 tbsp size), scoop and drag the cookie scoop against the side of the bowl to firmly pack macaroon batter.
- Drop macaroons onto baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool macaroons completely.
- While macaroons are cooling, melt together all chocolate fudge sauce ingredients. Stir and remove from heat.
- Use your thumb to make a small indentation in the tops of macaroons. Add a spoonful of chocolate fudge sauce to the macaroons.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Macaroons work best with a very fine shred of coconut. I prefer the brand Let’s Do Organic. If you do not have access to a finely shredded coconut, simply place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mixed. I think the macaroons are best when served chilled. They will also firm up once chilled.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week