Chocolate Frosted Peppermint Brownies
These chocolaty moist paleo approved peppermint brownies will have your guests in disbelief that these luscious treats are actually a healthy dessert. With no added sugar in the brownies, you can feel good about letting your little elves
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Butternut Squash, cooked and mashed
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Pastured Eggs
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Liquid Stevia Extract, divided (1 tsp for brownie, .5 tsp for frosting)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Peppermint Oil
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 2.5 tsp 2.5 tsp 2.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Raw Cacao Powder, plus 2 TBSP for frosting
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup shredded Coconut
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic, Raw Cacao Nibs
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Avocado, for frosting
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line a glass 13x9 inch (33x22.9cm) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together mashed butternut squash, eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut vinegar, stevia and peppermint extract in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cacao powder, cacao nibs and shredded coconut.
- Now, mix contents of both bowls together and pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until brownies are fully cooked.
- Allow to cool completely and then spread with avocado frosting.
- To make frosting simply peel and deseed avocado and mix well with cacao powder and .5 teaspoons stevia
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week