In the world of Paleo indulgences, it doesn’t get much better than chocolate or bacon. But chocolate and bacon? This combination might sound odd at first, but the flavor is mostly sweet, with the smokiness and saltiness of bacon layered in. I especially like the extra little hint of cinnamon on top. If you have a Bill-sized sweet tooth (that is, a big one), you should probably plan to make extra.
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Blend
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the bacon into 2-inch pieces. Bake the bacon on a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet for 15–20 minutes. Remove the bacon from the oven and place it on a paper towel to cool for 5–10 minutes.
- In a metal bowl set over a pot of water on medium-low heat, melt the chocolate, stirring continuously. Using a fork or slotted spatula, dip the baked bacon in the chocolate, then set on a rack over a paper towel to catch the drips. Using a spoon, drizzle more chocolate over the coated bacon to create a pretty texture. Place in the freezer to set for 20 minutes.
- Evenly dust the chilled coated bacon with the Cinnamon Sugar Cookie spice blend. If you don't have this spice blend (you can get it on Amazon!) just mix together cinnamon and maple sugar as a substitute.
If you are following a nightshade-free diet, use care to select bacon that does not contain nightshades in the spice mixture.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCandies Coconut Free Egg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.