Chocolate Covered Apples
This dessert is fun to make, kid-friendly, and has endless possibilities for customizing to your own tastes. View original recipe for a short video tutorial as well.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the cut apples in a solution of 1 tbs lemon juice and 2 cups water to prevent browning.
- Put your desired toppings in separate bowls and set aside. Toppings can be anything, like chopped nuts, sea salt, shredded coconut, chopped dried fruit.
- Remove the apples from the lemon solution. If you want to make them like the picture, stick a lollipop stick through the bottom of the slice.
- Melt the dark chocolate or coconut butter over a low temp.
- Dip the apple in the chocolate.
- Now dip the apple in the bowl with the topping you want and turn around to cover. Some toppings, like the nuts, might not stick as well when dipping so you can place the nuts on the apple as well. Place the finished apples on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Let cool and harden before serving (if it\'s warm in your kitchen you might have to put them in the refrigerator to get them to harden)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week