Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Fruit and Nut Bars
These fruit and nut bars are a healthy option for any time you are craving something sweet, as well as a fun food project for you and your kids! You can serve these in bar form, or in bite size pieces.
- 2 oz 2 oz 2 oz Bittersweet Chocolate, 4 squares
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Dates (Medjool), pitted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Almonds, raw, chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, allergen-free (Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup shredded Coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a small sauce pan, or double boiler, melt the chocolate and coconut oil while stirring. If you are not using a double boiler, be sure to melt the chocolate and oil over low heat, and continue to stir to avoid any chocolate burning.
- Once the chocolate and oil are melted and combined, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds until roughly chopped. Be sure there are no large pieces, but it should be more of a rough chop, not a fine chop.
- Pour the chopped almonds into a small mixing bowl, and add the chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the dates to the food processor, and process on high until you create a paste. The dates may form a ball in the food processor at this point.
- Pour the cooled chocolate and oil mixture into the food processor, and push the dates down so that they will process again with the chocolate. Process again on high until the chocolate is combined with the dates.
- Add the mixture of almonds, chocolate chips, and coconut to the food processor, and pulse to combine slightly.
- Pour the mixture back into the mixing bowl, and knead the mixture with your hands until it is fully combined.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, and press the date mixture evenly in the bottom of the loaf pan. Lightly cover the top of the loaf pan with the excess plastic wrap from lining the pan, and place in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the loaf pan from the fridge, and carefully pull the date mixture out of the pan using the excess plastic wrap. Place the date mixture on a cutting board, and cut into bars, or squares. Keep refrigerated or in the freezer.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week