Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
These delicious double chocolate banana muffins, are a really fun twist on classic banana bread. Made without grains, and low in sugar, they are a healthy option when you want a sweet treat!
- 2 2 2 Banana, overly ripe
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 6 6 Eggs, Pastured
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Cacao Powder, Raw
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Enjoy Life mini chips
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees, and line a muffin tray with 10 muffin papers.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mash the two bananas with a fork.
- Add the maple syrup, and vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Whisk the eggs into the banana mixture, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, arrowroot, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the palm shortening, and blend again until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and using an ice cream scoop, fill 10 muffin liners with batter.
- Top with a few chocolate chips, and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy with butter or ghee.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week