Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
These delicious pumpkin muffins are the perfect fall treat! With the added chocolate chips, they would be an adorable treat for Halloween because of their light orange with speckled black coloring.
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch, sifted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 6 6 6 Pastured Eggs, large
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, melted
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees, and line a muffin tray with cupcake papers.
- Place a mesh strainer into a medium sized mixing bowl, like they are "nested".
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, maple sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to the mesh trainer, and sift all of those ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and blend again with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the melted palm shortening, and blend again, this time turning the speed up to high to whip some air into the batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake the muffins on the middle rack, in the center of the oven for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool, and enjoy.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week