Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
As two kids of the 80's, one of our favorite summer treats was the Chipwich, which is an ice cream sandwich, made with two cookies, and rolled in chocolate chips. This gluten-free homage to the Chipwich is a tasty throwback to the days of hair bands, boxy cars, cassette tapes, and MTV.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start off by baking our Chocolate Chip Cookies according to the directions on the package. You can form and flatten the cookies on the cookie sheet before baking for best results.
- Allow the cookies to cool, then place them in the refrigerator until cooled completely. During this time, remove your ice cream from the freezer to soften, so it is easy to scoop.
- Pair up the cookies, matching them by size. Take a scoop of ice cream and place it on a flipped cookie. Place the matching cookie on top and gently press down. Repeat with all the cookies. This recipe might make more than 4 sandwiches depending on how you slice the dough.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl, and roll the ice cream sandwiches in them to cover. Return the sandwiches to the freezer for 15-30 minutes, and serve!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week