Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
My sister’s favorite ice cream flavor has always been chocolate chip cookie dough. This flavor was often to be found in our freezer growing up. We knew this recipe was a winner when my sister quipped, after tasting it, that she’d like to be paid “in cookie dough.”
- Make chocolate chip cookie dough and freeze until use.
- Combine coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and egg yolks in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a low boil while whisking.
- Let cool.
- Strain mixture into a medium mixing bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker, and run until the desired consistency is reached.
- Upon removing from ice cream maker, remove cookie dough from freezer and cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Stir chunks of cookie dough into the ice cream.
Remove ice cream from ice cream maker immediately to avoid having it freeze to the container walls. Store in a freezer until the last portion is enjoyed.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week