Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
An all time favorite coconut milk ice cream recipe!
- 19.5 oz 19.5 oz 19.5 oz Coconut Milk, 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat, 3/4 cup regular
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Vanilla Bean Pod
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Egg Yolk
- 0.833 cup 0.833 cup 0.833 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, Enjoy Life Brand, Mini Chips
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat. Add coconut milks, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and egg yolks.
- Cut vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the inside. Add to coconut milk mixture, along with the pod. Whisk to combine everything.
- Stir constantly on low heat so that they mixture does not boil. Stir for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, put the vanilla bean base in a bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Leave the pod in. While the base in the refrigerator, start making the cookie dough pieces that will be added later.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut oil, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Fold in the u00bd cup of dark chocolate chips. (Note: The dough will still be a little sticky.)
- Form the cookie dough into marble sized balls. Place them on the baking sheet. (Note: I kept a small bowl of water nearby to rinse off my hands so that the dough didn't stick too much.)
- Place the tray of cookie dough pieces into the freezer.
- By this time, the vanilla bean base should be ready. Remove vanilla bean base from refrigerator and remove the pod. Make sure to squeeze the pod between your fingers into the bowl to get all the leftover extract out. Discard the pod.
- Turn on your ice cream maker and pour in vanilla bean base. Allow to churn for at least an hour.
- Once it has reached the consistency of ice cream, turn off the ice cream maker and scoop your fresh coconut milk vanilla bean ice cream into a freezer safe dish.
- Fold in the cookie dough pieces. Place container into freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week