Chocolate Chai Smoothie
All natural, delicious, nutritious, subtly sweet, perfectly spiced, seriously chocolaty chai smoothie - the perfect pick me up for any time of day.
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Milk, or milk of choice - I use unsweetened/homemade vanilla almond milk - http://betterwithcake.com/anytime/homemade-vanilla-almond-milk-vegan-gluten-free-paleo-friendly/
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Banana, (I prefer to used pre-sliced and frozen bananas in my smoothies but fresh works just fine)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground, Plus extra for serving
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Cloves, ground
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Cardamom Pods (whole pods), ground
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin, Beef, Great Lakes brand, Optional
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Protein Powder (Chocolate, PureWOD brand), Optional
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Ice Cubes, more or less to reach desired consistency
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flakes, unsweetened, Optional for serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cacao Nibs, Organic, Raw, Optional for serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place all smoothie ingredients into a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, pour into a chilled glass/mason jar or bowl and top with shredded coconut, cacao nibs and an extra sprinkling of cinnamon if desired.
- Enjoy xoxo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week