Chipotle Lime Skirt Steak
If you are short on time, but still want a skirt steak that is both tender and flavorful, this recipe will not disappoint on either! This is a recipe in heavy rotation at our house these days!
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Skirt Steak
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lime Juice, (Juice of 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cilantro, to garnish
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lime, Wedges, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the steak on a sturdy surface, and pound flat using a meat mallet: first with the flat side, then with the pointed side. Try to get an even thickness of about 1/2"-3/4" across the steak so that it cooks evenly.
- Place the meat in a non-reactive container, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour, up to four hours.
- Preheat your grill to 500-600 degrees F (very hot).
- Grill the steak for 3-4 minutes per side, until desired internal temperature is achieved. For skirt steak, we like a nice even medium (whereas with other cuts, we would almost always go medium rare).
- Remove from the grill, and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain, on a bias, for best results.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week