Chipotle Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 1.5 - 2 lb 1.5 - 2 lb 1.5 - 2 lb Butternut Squash, cubed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Apple Juice, unsweetened
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Chicken Broth (Organic, Free Range, Low Sodium)
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Black Pepper
- Melt fat over medium heat in large stock pot.
- Add onion and butternut squash and saute until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high, stir in apple juice and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Once soup is boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 60 minutes.
- Stir in spices and let simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the soup cool slightly.
- Blend using an immersion blender, or in batches using a standard blender.
- Garnish with chopped bacon, ham, pulled pork or anything you would like.
When it comes to spices in any recipe, I always season to taste. I would start with 1 tsp chipotle powder. If you want to kick it up, add more. We used 1½ tsp and it was just the right amount of spice for us.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week