The best part about this recipe is topping the Taquitos with tons of colorful and flavorful ingredients. We used sour cream, shredded romaine lettuce, diced red onion, cilantro, guacamole, and diced tomato. This recipe was fun to make, and so much fun to eat! I highly recommend spicing up your next Taco Tuesday by making this recipe instead!
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1/2 lb 1/2 lb 1/2 lb Chicken Tenders
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Primal Palate Taco Seasoning
- 6 6 6 Cassava Flour Tortillas (Siete)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Red Onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Sour Cream , optional
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Guacamole
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Tomato, diced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, and cook for about 6 minutes (until no longer pink and cooked through). Season with the Primal Palate Taco Seasoning, cook an additional minute, and then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooling, prepare the romaine, onion, cilantro, guac, and tomato.
- Dice the chicken once cool to the touch.
- Warm the tortillas one at a time. Once warm and more pliable, place the tortilla on a flat cooking surface, and add two tablepsoons of chicken along the length of the tortilla. Top with about a teaspoon or two of shredded cheese, and roll up.
- Place the rolled tortilla into an 8x8 baking dish, and repeat with the remaining tortillas and chicken.
- Place the baking dish in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and brush the tops of the taquitos with ghee, and bake for a remaining 10 minutes.
- Top the taquitos with sour cream and/or guac, romaine lettuce, red onion, cilantro, and tomato.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week