Chicken burger with tomato salad
Delicious and quick meal for a week night
- 500 gram 500 gram 500 gram boneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 2 bunch 2 bunch 2 bunch Spinach
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano, dried or fresh
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Egg Whites
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Spring Onion
- 50 gram 50 gram 50 gram Sesame Seeds
- 400 gram 400 gram 400 gram Cherry Tomato, various colors
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch fresh Basil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Put the spinach in a sieve or collander and pour hot boiling water on top. leave to stand for a minute, let it drain and squeeze out as much of the moisture as you can. Just take it in your hands and squeeze it out.
- Cut into smaller pieces and put aside
- Put the chicken, almondflour, eggwhite, garlic, oregano, chilipowder, salt and pepper in the foodprocessor and mix everything together in short pulses. Make sure it is not pureed but it needs to be fine enough to hold together when you form a burger from it.
- Put into a bowl and add the chopped spinach, de spring onion and make four burgers.
- Put the sesame seeds on a plate and press the burgers in it so they are covered with sesame all around.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and bake the hamburgers for about 3 minutes each side until golden browl. Put them on a baking tray on baking paper and put in the oven for about 8-10 minutes to cook.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into quarters. Put them together in a bowl and pour the basil oil over it. Add a bit of pepper and salt to taste and as a garnish add some basil leaves in.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week