Chicken Basil Stir Fry with Walnuts and Kale
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1.25 lb 1.25 lb 1.25 lb Chicken Thigh, boneless skinless
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, divided
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Shallot, thinly sliced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Basil, fresh, roughly chopped
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Walnuts, Organic, broken into pieces
- 8 cup 8 cup 8 cup Kale, Dinosaur, chopped for salad
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- Mix the lime juice with the honey and the soy sauce or coconut aminos - set aside. Core, seed, and thinly slice bell peppers. Cut chicken across the grain into 3/4 inch-wide slices.
- Heat 1/2 Tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add the bell pepper and cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes - transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1/2 Tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan. Add the shallots and cook until brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook until down all the way through, 3-4 minutes. About half way through cooking, I recommend pouring any liquids or fat off into a bowl to allow the chicken to brown rather than stew.
- When the chicken finishes cooking, return the bell pepper to the pan and stir in the lime juice mixture, basil, and walnuts. Cook for about 1 minutes and serve in four bowls over the torn kale leaves or other greens.
Three beans on a string, adapted from Charity Ferriera's book "Eat Well, Eat Happy"
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week