Chicken and Rice Soup with Lemon
This warm and inviting chicken soup, packs a flavorful punch with the addition of fresh lemon juice, and our Super Gyro seasoning.
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots, large, peeled and diced
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Celery, diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Green Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole boneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 quart 3 quart 3 quart free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Jasmine Rice, white
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- If you are making broth from scratch, our favorite way is to place two frozen chicken carcasses into the instant pot with two carrots, two stalks of celery, half an onion, pink salt, several peppercorns, and a bay leaf. Cover with water, and cook at high pressure on the manual setting for 75 minutes, then strain, and use.
- In a large soup pot, add the diced carrot, celery, yellow onion, and green onion.
- Add the lemon juice, Super Gyro, chicken thighs, and sea salt to the pot.
- Add your prepared or purchased chicken stock to the pot, and turn the heat on to medium-high heat, and stir.
- Allow the soup to come to a bubble, and then turn the heat down to low.
- Allow to cook until the vegetables are soft, and the chicken can be shredded, about 30 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Once the soup has cooked for 30 minutes, remove the chicken, and shred with two forks, then add the shredded chicken back to the soup.
- Add the cooked rice to the soup, and simmer until serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week