Chestnut Crusted Squash Bites
Chestnut flour and butternut squash combine to make a tasty side dish.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Butternut Squash
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Chestnut Flour, can substitute almond flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), (or butter or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or tin foil, or just use a plain cookie sheet. it doesn't matter much).
- Peel the butternut squash.
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into small cubes.
- Put the squash in a big bowl.
- Melt the ghee or butter in the microwave (or on the stovetop if you're against microwaves).
- Pour the melted ghee over the squash and stir it to coat the squash with ghee.
- Mix in the chestnut (or almond) flour and cinnamon so that the pieces of squash are coated pretty evenly.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes (Depending on how crispy you want them to get, you could leave them in a little longer. I like my food kind of burnt so I cook them for about 30 minutes). Enjoy!
These taste especially good dipped in some paleo mayo!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week