Cherry and coconut cakes
Luscious fluffy mini Paleo cakes, dipped in handmade cherry jam and covered in desiccated coconut.
- 150 gram 150 gram 150 gram Sweet Potato
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg Whites, Small
- 6 cups 6 cups 6 cups Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Honey, Raw
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut, shredded
- 9 whole 9 whole 9 whole Cherries, fresh, To top the cakes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the sweet potatoes in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook until sweet potatoes are tender, then using a masher or fork, mash the sweets potatoes and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, sieve in the almond flour, add the mashed sweet potato and maple syrup.
- Mix well using your hands. Add the egg and continue mixing all the ingredients together until you get a consistent dough. If the mixture is too wet, add 1 to 3 tablespoons of almond flour.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop to form the dough into a golf-size balls, then press down gently in the centre of the cake with your knuckle to make the hole for the cherry.
- Place the mini cakes leaving about 1 cm / 0.4 in. between them. Bake for about 10 minutes, then grill top for about 3 minutes until golden. Let them cool.
- Meanwhile cakes are baking /cooling, make the cherry jam. Place the cherries in a large saucepan. Use the back of a wooden spoon to crush cherries to release their juices.
- Add the lemon juice and place over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the cherries are tender.
- Add the honey and cook, stirring, for 10-15 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Then, turn heat to high and bring to a rolling boil. Cook for 4 minutes more and remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Dip the mini cakes into the cherry jam, then roll in the desiccated coconut. Top with a cherry each cake and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week