Chayote Cucumber Sausage Hash
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Carrots, cubed
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Chayote, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cucumber, English, peeled and cubed
- 0.5 bunch 0.5 bunch 0.5 bunch Green Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, pressed
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Primal Palate Breakfast Blend
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Fennel Seed, (omit for AIP)
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh, (omit for AIP)
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Bone Broth (click for recipe), or water
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, and add in the fat.
- Add carrots, chayote, cucumber and onion, stir well to coat in fat, and allow to saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, ground meat and seasonings. Use a Mix N Chop to break meat into smaller pieces and mix evenly into the mixture.
- Pour bone broth over mixture, bring to a simmer, then cover the skillet with a lid.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir well, and if desired turn heat up to high and allow liquid to reduce for about 4 minutes. (Cooking even longer will allow edges to brown and become crispier.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings, and enjoy!
This is great with a poached or fried egg on top! (*AIP reintroduction)
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week