Chayote Cucumber Sausage Hash
A sausage-flavored diner-style fav that's great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Freezes and reheats well too!
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Carrots, cubed
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Chayote, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cucumber, English, peeled and cubed
- 0.5 bunch 0.5 bunch 0.5 bunch Green Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, pressed
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Primal Palate Breakfast Blend
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Fennel Seed, (omit for AIP)
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh, (omit for AIP)
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Bone Broth (click for recipe), or water
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, and add in the fat.
- Add carrots, chayote, cucumber and onion, stir well to coat in fat, and allow to saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, ground meat and seasonings. Use a Mix N Chop to break meat into smaller pieces and mix evenly into the mixture.
- Pour bone broth over mixture, bring to a simmer, then cover the skillet with a lid.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir well, and if desired turn heat up to high and allow liquid to reduce for about 4 minutes. (Cooking even longer will allow edges to brown and become crispier.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings, and enjoy!
This is great with a poached or fried egg on top! (*AIP reintroduction)
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week