Chai Spice Almond Butter
Warmly spiced, silky smooth almond butter than comes together in your blender or food processor in a matter of minutes!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Almonds, whole, raw
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cashews, raw, (see note)
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Stevia, Granulated
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Allspice, ground
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Ginger, ground
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Cardamom Seed, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cloves, ground
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In the jar of a high speed blender (such as a Vitamix) or the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade, pulse the nuts several times until they start to resemble course sand.
- Add the oil, then puree to a liquid. This may take some time. Make sure that you're stopping frequently to scrape down the bowl and keep the nuts from packing together too much (which could jam the blade and burn out your motor).
- Once the nuts have turned into butter, add the sweetener and the spices and blend to combine.
- Taste and adjust spices to your preference.
- Serve immediately, or see notes for storage guidelines.
I use cashews to make my almond butter extra creamy, but you can feel free to replace the cashews with almonds (i.e. use 3 cups almonds total). Omit sweetener for Whole30 compliance. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. The flavor of the butter will develop a little after a few hours, as the spices mingle and the flavors deepen.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free GAPS Pescetarian Shellfish Free Snacks
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.