Cedar Plank Salmon with Lime
Nothing quite says “summer” like the smoky aroma of cedar on the grill. These simple yet delicious salmon filets are an easy way to win over dinner guests. Present the salmon right on the cedar plank to finish this dish with panache.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Salmon Filet, Wild Caught, cut into 4 equal portions
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime, juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Soak cedar planks for 1–2 hours prior to cooking.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly brush salmon filets with melted coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Place wet cedar planks on the grill.
- Lay salmon filets on the cedar planks.
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook salmon on planks, without flipping, for 10–15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Squeeze lime juice over salmon and serve on the cedar planks.
Keep a glass of water on hand to prevent the planks from catching on fire, if necessary. Cedar planks bring great flavor to any cut of fish. To complete this dish serve with a fresh salad or cauliflower rice.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
After making the “Simply Grilled Salmon” many times, I decided to change things up a bit. Fortunately, I had some cedar planks on hand. I made one small tweak by adding a finger-sprinkled pinch of Kosher Salt prior to putting the Salmon filets on the grill. Served it with cauliflower rice as suggested.
The entire meal was delicious. I made it for some picky eaters and everyone loved it.