Cauliflower Soup with Scallops and Bacon
This soup is so creamy it is sure to warm your soul. Believe it or not there is no dairy! Essentially you can add anything to this -not just scallops and bacon. If you’re missing chowder (HEY NEW ENGLANDERS, THAT’S YOU!) then this will certainly curb that craving.
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Yellow Onion, medium
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic
- 32 fl oz 32 fl oz 32 fl oz Vegetable Broth
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Scallops, baby
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Bacon
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Bay Leaf
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Chop the onion and cauliflower into large pieces (about 2-3 inches). Peel and cut garlic cloves in half. Drizzle olive oil and S&P on veggies and place in 400 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes.
- At the same oven temp, line a baking sheet with bacon and cook on a different rack. Watch the bacon so it doesn't burn! It should take 15 minutes.
- Once the veggies are done roasting place them in a stove-top pot with 1 cup of the vegetable broth. Use a hand blender to puree.
- Slowly add all of the vegetable broth while blending. Then add coconut milk and blend more. Season with sea salt and white or black pepper.
- Stick a bay leaf in there and let it simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes, or longer.
- In the meantime, prep the scallops! Heat a small saucepan with olive oil (or ghee) on medium heat. Add baby scallops seasoned with S&P. Cook for about 3-5 minutes tossing occasionally to evenly cook them.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup. Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with a few baby scallops and crumbled bacon.
- For additional flavor components try adding white truffle oil and chopped fresh parsley.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAutoimmune Protocol Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Soups Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.