Cauliflower Soup with Hazelnut and Mint Pesto
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 750 ml 750 ml 750 ml Almond Milk, (or chicken stock if you prefer)
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Mint Leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Hazelnut, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the onion with a pinch of salt.
- Cook gently for a minute or so, without browning the onion, and then add the cauliflower.
- Cover, and steam for about 10 minutes making sure that the ingredients do not brown.
- Add the bay leaf and the turmeric.
- Pour in the almond milk (or stock if using) and simmer gently for a further 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender soft.
- Check your seasoning and blitz to a smooth puree.
- Mix the ingredients for the pesto together and swirl into the hot soup and serve with Paleo bread.
You could also add a tsp of mustard if you wish and chicken stock can be used instead of almond milk. When making the pesto you can use a blender for a finer consistency or chop by hand for a thicker more rustic dressing.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week