Cauliflower Couscous (from Make It Paleo 2)
This is another Staley Family favorite recipe, remixed into a grain-free version. The major swap in this dish is replacing all the couscous with riced cauliflower. This summery side dish is the perfect way to utilize fresh, seasonal ingredients in a dish that is light on the palate.
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Duck Fat, (or other choice of fat to saute), divided
- 2 2 2 Carrots, medium, peeled and sliced
- 1 1 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tomato, Cherry, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, (25 grinds)
- 1/2 head 1/2 head 1/2 head Cauliflower
- 4 4 4 Green Onion, sliced
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lemon, wedges, for garnish
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, for garnish
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Parsley, Flat Leaf, chopped, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the pine nuts and garlic in 1 Tbsp of the duck fat. When the pine nuts are golden brown, remove them from the skillet and set aside. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of duck fat to the skillet and sauté the carrots, bell pepper, and tomatoes for about 15 minutes, until soft. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Grate the cauliflower with the stems parallel to the grating surface (giving you longer grains of “rice”). Add the cauliflower to the skillet along with the sliced scallions, toasted pine nuts, and garlic.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil, garnished with flat-leaf parsley.
You can easily make this recipe nut-free by omitting the pine nuts.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Shellfish Free Side Dishes Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
The infredents list is missing cauliflower!!!
Fixed! Thanks for letting us know!