Cauliflower cake with glazed-maple bacon and figs
The smooth cauliflower dough combined with the smoky flavour of the bacon and the sweetness of maple syrup and figs, make a deliciously pop-in-your-mouth on every bite of this cake.
- 500 gram 500 gram 500 gram Cauliflower, large, cut into florets
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Egg, large
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Egg Whites, large
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Maple Syrup, Pure, divided (1 tsp for the cauliflower, 1 tsp for the bacon)
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Figs, Black Mission, cut into thin slices
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 200C / 450C. Grease a baking tin (I didn't need to)
- Brush the bacon strips with the maple sirup and grill for 10 minutes until crispy and golden
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor. Pulse until chopped and it looks like cauliflower rice.
- Transfer de cauliflower rice to a large bowl, then stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, egg whites, egg and maple syrup and combine all together.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and smooth the top.
- Turn the heat down to 190C / 375F and bake for 10 minutes. Then, reduce the temperature to 180C/350F and bake further 50 minutes until risen and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and top with the figs slices and the maple-glazed bacon.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Dairy Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.