Carrot Cake Bars (Gluten-free & Dairy-free)
These bars pack 2 cups of carrots into the batter, so they are practically a salad, right? Moist, perfectly sweetened, and full of warm fall flavors: you are going to love these bars. And they're easy to make, too!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cassava Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp for the batter, 1 tsp for the frosting
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, 1/2 cup for the batter, 1/2 cup for the frosting
- 4 4 4 Eggs
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Carrots, shredded
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Kite Hill "Cream Cheese" - Original, (1 container)
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups 365 Organic Powdered Sugar, sifted
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9"x9" baking dish with palm shortening or your choice of fat.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the cassava, almond flour, arrowroot, salt, baking soda, maple sugar, and apple pie spice.
- Add the vanilla, and eggs, and blend with a hand mixer to combine.
- Add in the palm shortening, and blend again until smooth.
- Add in the shredded carrots one cup at a time, and blend again with the hand mixer to evenly combine the carrot with the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and smooth the top into an even layer.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cook completely before frosting.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese, palm shortening, and vanilla.
- Sift in the powdered sugar, and blend again until smooth.
- Place the frosting in the fridge until the cake is completely cooled.
- Spread the frosting in an even layer over the cake, cut into even squares, and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week