Carob Covered Apples
A fun treat option that we can have on the Autoimmune Paleo (AIP) protocol? Yay! Count us in! Just a few simple ingredients and in a few minutes you can have a delicious dessert that also gives you a healthy dose of fat. See original post for a quick video how-to.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole organic Apple, cored and cut into approx 8 slices
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Water
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Carob Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the cut apples in a solution of 1 tbs lemon juice and 2 cups water to prevent browning.
- Choose toppings (like shredded coconut, sea salt, raisins, chopped dried fruit) and put into separate bowls . Set aside.
- Put the coconut flakes, coconut oil, and salt into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. (At this point you have coconut butter. Yes, you could use coconut butter instead of this step, but I find this much easier and cheaper than trying to melt vast quantities of coconut butter.)
- Mix in the carob powder and maple syrup.
- Remove the apples from the lemon solution and then dip the ends of the apples into the mixture to cover. You will most likely have to pat the mixture down on the apples for it to stay.
- Now dip the apples in the topping of your choice and turn to cover.
- Place the finished apples on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and serve or refrigerate.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week