Carne Asada with Pico de Gallo
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1 1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 10 sprigs 10 sprigs 10 sprigs Cilantro
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Lime Juice, Juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Orange Juice, Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Maple Sugar
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Flank Steak
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pico de Gallo (click for recipe), garnish
- Avocado, Sliced avocado for garnish
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large baking dish or zip-top plastic bag, mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade. Add the flank steak, turn to evenly coat the steak in the marinade, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- While the steak is marinating, make the Pico de Gallo.
- After 2 hours, remove the steak from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat a grill to mediumhigh heat. Grill the steak for about 4–5 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness, or until the desired internal temperature is reached.
- Allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes after cooking, then thinly slice it against the grain. Serve with some Pico de Gallo and garnish with avocado slices, if desired.
The seeds of the jalapeño contribute piquancy. If you prefer a spicier dish, leave some of the seeds in.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.