Caramelized Fennel and Onions
*This recipe is autoimmune protocol friendly. Caramelizing onions is one thing... but adding fennel brings another dimension to the dish with its sweet bite of anise. Not to mention it smells BOMBTASTIC when you cook them. Impress your friends by adding caramelized fennel and onions to their steak. They'll be impressed.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Fennel, bulb only
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Ghee
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut off the green stems and a thin layer of the base (where the roots would be) of the fennel. Peel the onion and cut one end off. On a mandolin slicer, thinly slice the fennel and onion. Most pieces will look like rings. Cut the rings in half.
- Melt 2 tbsp ghee in a cast iron skillet. On medium-high heat add your fennel and onion. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. 3. Cook on medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so the ingredients don't stick. Add the additional tbsp of ghee (or more!). When it looks like they are brown and done, cook them for another 10 minutes.
- Yes, it's actually that easy.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.