Caramel Pumpkin Pie Coffee Cake
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Unsalted Butter
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Palm Sugar, + 1/2 cup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Organic Walnuts, Crushed
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 7.5 oz 7.5 oz 7.5 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- For the caramel sauce: First, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of sugar and milk. Continue stirring for 1-2 minutes, until mixture is smooth.
- Mix in crushed walnuts.
- Immediately remove from heat; cool before storing in the fridge. (NOTE: Caramel sauce will harden in the fridge. Heat for 10-15 seconds to melt before adding into the muffin tins as noted below.)
- For the pumpkin pie coffee cake, first preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, melted coconut oil, and 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar until smooth.
- With a spoon or spatula, mix in the canned pumpkin. Stir a few times but do not overmix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture into the large bowl. Mix together until smooth.
- Put 2 tbsp of batter into each cup of a 1-dozen muffin pan. Add 1 tsp of the caramel sauce into each cup (on top of the batter). Top with 1-2 tbsp of additional batter (so the sauce is covered).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the center is fully cooked. Remove from oven and cool before serving.
- When ready to serve, top each muffin with caramel sauce.
Coffee cake is best served slightly warm with melted caramel sauce on top. Sub crushed pralines for walnuts if desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week