Cappuccino Pots de Crème
You won't be able to stop yourself with these delicious cappuccino-flavored French custard desserts. These pots de crème are very low in sugar but will hit the spot if you're craving a satisfying treat.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Egg Yolk, large
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, large
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coffee, strongly brewed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cacao Nibs, Organic, Raw, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven at 325F (160C).
- In a saucepan on the stovetop, heat coconut milk to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and add the coconut sugar, brewed coffee and cacao powder and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg and egg yolks until frothy. Add the warm cappuccino mixture to the eggs and stir very gently, without beating, to combine.
- Boil a pot of water for the bain marie. Divide the mixture through a sieve (to remove any remaining lumps) into ramequins and place in an oven-proof shallow dish. Pour the boiling water into the dish around the ramequins, 1.5 inch deep. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Time will depend on the temperature of your mixture when you put it in the oven and on your oven. Check after 30 minutes: the edges should be set and the center should still be a little jiggly (like jello). If the center appears too liquid, keep baking and check every 5 minutes. Careful not to overbake.
- Transfer the ramequins to a cooling rack and let them come to room temperature, then chill for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator or overnight. Serve garnished with cacao powder and cacao nibs.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.