Cabbage, Fennel and Peach Slaw
This may be my new favorite recipe! I seriously can’t get over how good it is. We received fennel in our CSA basket from Bloomsbury Farms last week. To be honest, I have not done a lot with fennel in the past so was trying to think of some different ways to use it. I think that is one of the best parts of having a CSA. You are more prone to try new stuff if you are given it. I also had a lot of cabbage so decided to make a seasonal and refreshing summer slaw. I also really love a good slaw. It took me a while to figure out what type of dressing I wanted on it. I played around with different flavors and finally decided that the sweetness of the orange and fresh basil would complement the vegetables and peach perfectly.
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Green Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Carrots, shredded
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Fennel, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Peaches, sliced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Orange Juice, for the dressing
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, for the dressing
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar, for the dressing
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Maple Syrup, Pure, for the dressing
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Basil, fresh, chopped and for the dressing
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Oregano, dried, for the dressing
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Granulated Garlic, for the dressing
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh, for the dressing
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt, for the dressing
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all the salad ingredients, except the peaches, in a bowl and toss thoroughly.
- Put all the salad dressing ingredients in a jar and place a lid on it and shake thoroughly. You can also put it in a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and mix. Cover and place in refrigerator and let set for 30 minutes.
- Toss slaw one more time and add the sliced peaches and fresh basil if desired.
I would recommend adding the peaches last minute so they don’t get too soggy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.