Cabbage and Sausage Side Dish
Cabbage is a somewhat underutilized winter vegetable, and this cabbage and sausage side dish will help you discover how tasty it can be. With only four main ingredients, you’ll be amazed with how much flavor is packed into this simple little dish that’s ready in about 15 minutes. Sometimes a side dish is so good, it almost steals the show. That’s the case with this cabbage and sausage side dish. And it’s simple, simple, simple. That’s why we love it. Just cook up the cabbage, add in the apple, pre-cooked sausage and some seasonings and you’re done! Oh I almost forgot, top it with some bacon bits. Bacon, yay!
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon, Diced
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Cabbage, Chopped
- .25 whole .25 whole .25 whole Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole organic Apple, Cored and Diced
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Mild Italian Sausage, Pre-cooked
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Over medium-high heat cook your bacon pieces until they start to get crispy.
- Remove from heat and place on a paper towel covered plate to cool.
- In the same pan, add the cabbage, onion, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the apple, sausage the apple cider vinegar. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon on top. Serve and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week