Cabbage and Beef Curry
Curry is one of our favorite spices that we’ve found since finding paleo—our spicy beef curry recipe is a big hit, but we wanted to pack in some vegetables as well. By slicing our cabbage with a mandolin, we effectively created “noodles” with the cabbage that really hit the spot.
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Beef
- 10 cup 10 cup 10 cup shredded Green Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, grated
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Curry Powder, separated, 2 Tbsp and 1 Tbsp
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, pressed or minced
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Coriander
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Cloves
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, diced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add oil, onion, garlic, ginger, 2 Tbsp curry, coriander, clove, and black pepper to pot. Saute over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add onion and saute for an additional 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Mix in ground beef for an additional 3-4 minutes until mostly browned.
- Add in sliced cabbage, and stir into beef. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, and mix in red pepper flakes and 1 Tbsp curry.
- Cover again, and simmer on low for an additional 10 minutes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week