Butter Pecan Pumpkin Bars
This subdued cake, combine with a creamy, sweet frosting, is the perfect taste of Fall!
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs, (for the bars)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Raw Honey, (for the frosting)
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Pumpkin Puree, (for the bars)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted (for the bars)
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour, (for the bars)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour, (for the bars)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder, (for the bars)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda, (for the bars)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Cloves, (for the bars)
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Nutmeg, (for the bars)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp ground Cinnamon, (for the bars)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, (for the frosting)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee, or substitue coconut oil (for the frosting)
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk, (for the frosting)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Palm Sugar, (for the frosting)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder, (for the frosting)
- 24 whole 24 whole 24 whole Pecans, Pecan Halves for decoration (for the frosting)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a stand mixer, or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together eggs, 1/2 cup honey, pumpkin puree, and 1/2 cup coconut oil together until smooth.
- Add coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour batter into the baking dish. Use a spatula to even out.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: In a small saucepan over low heat, combine palm sugar, 2 tbsp ghee (or substitute coconut oil), and coconut milk. Whisk until palm sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the palm shortening, honey, and arrowroot powder.
- Pour in the cooled "butter pecan" mixture. Use a hand mixer to whip.
- Place frosting in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Use the hand mixer again to whip the frosting.
- Frost the pumpkin bars. Top with the halves of pecans. Serve immediately or chill in frig unitl ready to serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week