Butter Pecan Ice Cream
A creamy, warm coconut milk ice cream. Perfect for summer or fall.
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Vanilla Bean Pod
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Egg Yolk
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Pecans
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper on cookie sheet. Spread pecans evenly, so that none are overlapping. Once the oven is warmed, place pecans in oven to toast for 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add coconut milks, syrup, and egg yolks.
- Cut vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the inside. Add to coconut milk mixture, along with the pod. Whisk to combine everything.
- Stir constantly on low heat so that they mixture does not boil. Stir for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, put the vanilla bean base in a bowl in the refrigerator. Leave the pod in the sauce and allow to sit about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove vanilla bean base from refrigerator and remove the pod. Make sure to squeeze the pod between your fingers into the bowl to get all the leftover extract out. Discard the pod.
- Turn on your ice cream maker and pour in vanilla bean base.
- After about 20 minutes of the vanilla bean ice cream churning, heat a small saucepan on low heat. Add ghee and palm sugar. Stir until ghee has melted and palm sugar has started to melt also. Stir continuously so that it doesnu2019t burn. Add about 1/4 cup of the toasted pecans and stir, coating them. This should take about 7- 10 minutes.
- Set to the side and allow to cool a little bit. After about 5 minutes, begin to pour the butter pecan mixture into the vanilla ice cream. Toss in the rest of the roasted pecans.
- Allow to churn for another 20 minutes. Turn off the ice cream maker and scoop your fresh ice cream into a freezer safe dish. Serve immediately or place in freezer until ready to serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week